Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 RTSUK, an organisation with fewer than 5 employees, is not required to have a written H&S Policy.
RTSUK attaches great importance to the health, safety and welfare of its staff, volunteers and members/beneficiaries and all who use facilities provided by us and who are involved in activities organised by us. To this end we aim to ensure that all activities carried out or undertaken by our staff and volunteers are managed in a manner to avoid, reduce or control foreseeable risks to the health and safety of any person who may be affected by those activities.
We will achieve this by:
- Ensuring that anyone who may be affected by our activities is not exposed to undue health and safety risks.
- Carrying out suitable assessments of the health and safety risks to which staff, volunteers and those participating in our activities may be exposed and minimise those risks as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Establishing clear organisational and procedural arrangements to effectively carry out our duties.
- Establishing emergency procedures for actions to be taken in the event of fire, incidents, accidents, dangerous occurrences and illness and ensure that fire drills and tests of fire points/detectors/emergency lighting are undertaken regularly by premises providers.
- Providing relevant information, advice, training, instruction and supervision.
- Implementing appropriate procedures for the effective monitoring and review of this policy, our organisational arrangements and our health and safety procedures.
- Encouraging a positive attitude to health and safety and ensuring that all staff and volunteers, by example, promote safe practice.
- Maintaining an accident record and encouraging its completion.
- Ensuring that service/facility providers have adequate and current insurance and safety policies in place.